10 Things to Look for in a Good Business WebsiteApril 26, 2019 by kidd
So you've set up a business and now you want to set up a business website. That's great. After all, going online is important for each and every business in today's day and age. It gives you an air of legitimacy. And it also helps people to find you easily. It gives them all the information they need about your business and your product or service. At least, this is true if the website you set up is a good one. So before you go about discussing your requirements with the digital agency you're working with, here are a few things to consider:
- Reliability: This is one of the things that every business owner wants to project via their website. Using the right colors and keeping your website clean and businesslike will help to project this image.
- Colors: You might already have some colors as a part of your business logo. You can use these or similar colors throughout your website.
- Name/Logo: Have you given any thought to the way in which your name will be displayed on your website? How about the logo? Do you want it in the center? In a corner? Or at the bottom of the website?
- Contact Information: Make sure your contact information is easily accessible from every page of your website.
- Images: The images you use should be relevant to the type of business you are in and your customers should find them relatable.
- Content: The content of your website is very important because it's going to enable people to find you by doing a keyword search. So you should have some keywords embedded in your website.
- Information: You need to make sure that your content is informative for your viewers and not just fluff. Are you giving them the type of valuable content that you would look for yourself?
- UX/CX: Have you considered user experience/customer experience? How is the flow of your website? Will people get to your website and have a seamless experience until they buy what they need?
- E-Commerce: Are you planning to sell your product on your website? If so, have you made the buying process simple for your consumer? Do you have all the products in stock? Are they available in all the colors you sell? What about sizes? Are you accepting payment in various forms?
- SEO: Have you made sure that your content contains the right keywords without being overstuffed with them? Are you using a variety of keywords? Have you subdivided your content, using subheadings, bullet points and lists?
These are some of the things you should think about when setting up a business website. Contact us for more information.
Designer Websites, Auckland. For all your web design, SEO and social media needs.