Security is ImportantMarch 18, 2019 by Paul
Security is our top priority, and we work hard to make sure our clients' data is well protected. Recently we completed a major project to rationalise and upgrade our web server infrastructure.
However, major data breaches and hacks appear to be on the increase in recent times, and we thought it was timely to issue a reminder about the simple things you can do to protect yourself:
- Change your passwords regularly, and don't share them with anyone. If you have to manage a lot of passwords, then we suggest using systems like LastPass and KeePass.
- Make sure your antivirus systems are up to date.
- Don't click on links or open attachments from unknown sources.
- Upgrade your computer systems regularly. The automatic Windows updates can be annoying, but they're for a reason.
- Activate the secure startup and screen lock features on your smartphone and only download apps from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Check the reviews before you download.
Contact us today if you have any security concerns about your website.